Some reflections about the learning and teaching experts event tackling the digital student project at Jisc
Today I went up to Birmingham to attend (for the first time) to the 34th meeting of this group. The topic today: Developing employability, this project is of course linked to Building digital capability.
Initial ideas to share are:
- How can HE engage in developing ways in which students can articulate the skills they learn throughout their degree for their future employability.
- Students articulating their own development, a self-directed process or self determined as Blashke, Lisa would prefer to say? Look it up here and here is their community of practice, worth looking at.
- What does maturity look like in students in relation to their digital skills? This can also be related to the self-determined learning
- It should be a learner centre approach where students need to reflect and write about the evidence of their digital skills acquired throughout their university learning
- Digital technology enhances employability, therefore there…
View original post 1,232 more words